Submissions - latest 30
Managing Cover Crops Profitably
Ration Tips for Using Distillers Grains
Make Some Time for Employee Management
Building Soils for Better Crops: Sustainable Soil Management
Cornell Soil Health Assessment Training Manual
Measuring Expected Changes in Profit Using a Partial Budget
Grazing at Grassland Dairy
Confined Spaces - A Danger Regardless of Farm Size
Cold Weather Calf Challenges - How are You Doing?
Calf Management: Pre and Neonatal
Colostrum "Don't be born without it"
Maximizing Performance through Cow Comfort
Heat Stress - the Rest of the Story
Colostrum, more than just IgG
A Very Early Start for Winter Wheat in 2012!
Increasing Milking Frequency and Udder health
Deworming before Turnout Makes Good $ense - "Raining on the Parasite Parade"
An Innovative Approach to Cow Cooling
Increasing Milking Frequency and Implications on Mammary Cell Dynamics
7 Phrases to Ease Communication During Calvings
Hay Storage Considerations, Don't Waste it!
Colostrum: Quantity, Quality and Timeliness
Soybean Variety Yield Tests 2012 - 2010
Deferred Action Overview
Cash Flow Budgeting -- A Valuable Farm Financial Management Practice
Precision Feeding - Best for Cows, CAFO and Your Wallet
Calf Care for Variable Months
Practical ways to decrease Somatic Cell Count
Income Tax Planning for Farms that File a Schedule F
October 13, 2021
October 20, 2021
October 27, 2021
A three-part series for farms that are already filing a Schedule F covering tax planning and goals, handling farm profits/losses, and strategies to improve your tax position while also working positively with your accountant/tax preparer.
Design Your Succession Plan
November 2, 2021
November 9, 2021
November 16, 2021
November 30, 2021
December 7, 2021
December 14, 2021
How will your family farm operate in the future when the owner retires or is gone? Are you currently working with another generation who may be questioning their role in the future of the farm or are you yourself questioning your current role? Join Cornell Cooperative Extension across New York State, the Central NY Dairy & Field Crops Team, and the Capital Area Ag & Horticulture Program, for our 6-part webinar series November 2, 2021 - December 14, 2021.
Bovine Reproduction & Artificial Insemination Training Course Nov. 3-4, 2021
November 3 - November 4, 2021
Join us for a two day workshop with hands-on training that will be offered in both English and Spanish in cooperation with Javier Cheang, Genex. Space is limited, register today!
The NWNY Team is Hiring!The NWNY Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Team is currently looking for a Field Crops Specialist.
- Providing producers and industry with a framework to analyze production and management alternatives and maximize profit opportunities based on emerging best-management practices.
- Analyzing and evaluating major program efforts with the input of all program partners and making recommendations for enhancing these efforts.
- Participating in regional, statewide, and national workgroups.
- Initiating and conducting field demonstrations and in-depth applied research projects appropriate to the needs of commercial crop production.
- Individually and collaboratively exploring and pursuing new and additional funding sources to enhance and extend program opportunities.
- Planning and implementing educational programs utilizing a variety of methods, including direct teaching through group experiences, social media, newsletters, electronic technology, use of the internet, and distance learning.
- Preparing quarterly reports and yearly impact statements on program progress and accomplishments.
The NWNY Team Blog!Our goal for this blog is to share with farmers and allied industry professionals, technical and applicable resources regarding all aspects of dairy farming, livestock and small farms, field crops and soils, and topics related to farm business management and precision agriculture.
The blog will feature Crop Alerts, Dairy Alerts, Bilingual (Spanish) Resources, Upcoming Events and more from our team members. This blog is free for everyone to use, explore and enjoy. When new material is published, subscribers will receive an email notification.
We hope you enjoy this new platform, and are looking forward to engaging with you in the future!