Ag Focus is a monthly publication of the NWNY Dairy, Livestock & Field Crops Team. It provides readers with information on upcoming meetings, pesticide updates, pest management strategies, cultural practices, marketing ideas and research results from Cornell and Cornell Cooperative Extension. Ag Focus is produced monthly January - December.
To simplify information, brand names of products may be used in this publication. No endorsement is intended, nor is criticism implied of similar products not named.
Every effort has been made to provide correct, complete and up-to-date pesticide recommendations. Changes occur constantly and human errors are still possible. These recommendations are not a substitute for pesticide labeling. Please read the label before applying pesticides.
By law and purpose, Cornell Cooperative Extension is dedicated to serving the people on a non-discriminatory basis.
All NWNY Dairy, Livestock & Field Crops Program enrollees receive 12 issues of Ag Focus via email included with their enrollment. For more information, contact Brandie Waite, email@example.com or 585.343.3040 ext. 138.
If you are enrolled in the NWNY Dairy, Livestock & Field Crops Team, log in (black panel at top of screen) to view current issues of Ag Focus newsletter.
If you are not enrolled in our program, you must enroll to view current issues.
Archived Ag Focus Newsletters
2021 Ag Focus Newsletters
2020 Ag Focus Newsletters
2019 Ag Focus Newsletters
2018 Ag Focus Newsletters
2017 Ag Focus Newsletters
2016 Ag Focus Newsletters
2015 Ag Focus Newsletters
2014 Ag Focus Newsletters
2013 Ag Focus Newsletters
2012 Ag Focus Newsletters
2011 Ag Focus Newsletters
Archived Crop Alerts
2020 Crop Alerts
2019 Crop Alerts
2018 Crop Alerts
2017 Crop Alerts
2016 Crop Alerts
2015 Crop Alerts
2014 Crop Alerts
2013 Crop Alerts
Income Tax Planning for Farms that File a Schedule F
October 13, 2021
October 20, 2021
October 27, 2021
A three-part series for farms that are already filing a Schedule F covering tax planning and goals, handling farm profits/losses, and strategies to improve your tax position while also working positively with your accountant/tax preparer.
Design Your Succession Plan
November 2, 2021
November 9, 2021
November 16, 2021
November 30, 2021
December 7, 2021
December 14, 2021
How will your family farm operate in the future when the owner retires or is gone? Are you currently working with another generation who may be questioning their role in the future of the farm or are you yourself questioning your current role? Join Cornell Cooperative Extension across New York State, the Central NY Dairy & Field Crops Team, and the Capital Area Ag & Horticulture Program, for our 6-part webinar series November 2, 2021 - December 14, 2021.
Bovine Reproduction & Artificial Insemination Training Course Nov. 3-4, 2021
November 3 - November 4, 2021
Join us for a two day workshop with hands-on training that will be offered in both English and Spanish in cooperation with Javier Cheang, Genex. Space is limited, register today!
The NWNY Team is Hiring!The NWNY Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Team is currently looking for a Field Crops Specialist.
- Providing producers and industry with a framework to analyze production and management alternatives and maximize profit opportunities based on emerging best-management practices.
- Analyzing and evaluating major program efforts with the input of all program partners and making recommendations for enhancing these efforts.
- Participating in regional, statewide, and national workgroups.
- Initiating and conducting field demonstrations and in-depth applied research projects appropriate to the needs of commercial crop production.
- Individually and collaboratively exploring and pursuing new and additional funding sources to enhance and extend program opportunities.
- Planning and implementing educational programs utilizing a variety of methods, including direct teaching through group experiences, social media, newsletters, electronic technology, use of the internet, and distance learning.
- Preparing quarterly reports and yearly impact statements on program progress and accomplishments.
The NWNY Team Blog!Our goal for this blog is to share with farmers and allied industry professionals, technical and applicable resources regarding all aspects of dairy farming, livestock and small farms, field crops and soils, and topics related to farm business management and precision agriculture.
The blog will feature Crop Alerts, Dairy Alerts, Bilingual (Spanish) Resources, Upcoming Events and more from our team members. This blog is free for everyone to use, explore and enjoy. When new material is published, subscribers will receive an email notification.
We hope you enjoy this new platform, and are looking forward to engaging with you in the future!