2022 Feeder School - November 11
November 11, 2022
10:00am - 3:00pm, Registration begins @ 9:30am
(addl attendee $50.00 ea.)
HostNorthwest New York Dairy, Livestock & Field Crops
email Margaret Quaassdorff
Pre-Registration will Open Soon!
Who Should Attend:
- Those who are currently feeding dairy cows and want to learn more about the how and why of what they're doing.
- Those who are interested in becoming a cow feeder and want to increase their knowledge of cow feeding.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how to improve the feeding process on their farm.
Topics Covered During Feeder School:
- Economics and Importance of feeder center analysis
- Dry Matter and Feeder Math-basics, how to measure, work it into ratio, refusals, adjust ration based on DM, feed software
- Feed Consistency-TMR audits
- Trouble Shooting Mixer Wagons
- Bunker Management, drone demonstration/map out bunk, bunk silo management, packing Density & Preservation
- Feeder Safety
This event is sponsored by Alltech and Lallemand.
Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) Training
October 8, 2022
Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) is a nationwide certification program to help ensure a safe, wholesome, and quality beef product for consumers. Topics covered include herd health management, nutrition, behavior, and handling. Producers attending the training will become Level 2 certified.
Fall Update on Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Outbreak
October 12, 2022
All poultry famers, hobbyists, and enthusiasts are invited to join Cornell Cooperative Extension's Livestock Program Work Team and NYS Agriculture and Markets to learn more about this disease, what we know so far about the current outbreak, and how we should prepare moving into the heart of the fall migration.
2022 Feeder School - November 10
November 10, 2022
Join the NWNY Team Dairy Specialists for a one day on-farm training for dairy farm feeders. The training is offered in English and Spanish and will feature stations with hands-on activities and demonstrations.
The NWNY Team BlogOur goal for this blog is to share with farmers and allied industry professionals, technical and applicable resources regarding all aspects of dairy farming, livestock and small farms, field crops and soils, and topics related to farm business management and precision agriculture.
The blog will feature Crop Alerts, Dairy Alerts, Bilingual (Spanish) Resources, Upcoming Events and more from our team members. This blog is free for everyone to use, explore and enjoy. When new material is published, subscribers will receive an email notification.
We hope you enjoy this new platform, and are looking forward to engaging with you in the future!